Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Beekeeper's Apprentice

The only things I've written in the past month are two poems and a building permit application. Yeah, I know, pathetic. I suppose thinking and plotting don't count as writing time, but hopefully, whenever I move past the insanely busy schedule I've been pushing lately, I'll have a very clear idea of where I'm heading as I write. I did read The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King for the second time. I read it four years ago and chose it for our book club's September title. It was an enjoyable read this time around too. Intelligent, brilliantly conceived, and smoothly delivered, I recommend it to anyone who likes mysteries of the non-frightening variety and is interested in a Sherlock Holmes remix better than Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's original.

No comments: