Friday, April 25, 2008

The Query Queen

I was struggling with my query letter and added a comment to an author blog. Surprise, surprise, the author responded and gave me some tips. Yes, Joelle Anthony rocks. I was awed that she received partial or full manuscript requests almost every time she submitted. Wow, I found the query queen. She's also very nice. After she critiqued my query, I revised, sent her my revision, and voila! I have a polished query letter. YES! Now, I just need a polished story to go with it, but one thing at a time. I don't know many people in this industry yet, but the writers I have met are so cool. Another cool gal is the writer who reads my first drafts. Serious talent there, but I don't think she'd want her name mentioned, so thanks Rita Bunch! If I ever get anything published, it's because I found such great friends to guide my writing efforts.

2 comments:

Kim said...

My friend, thank you for the sweet compliment. I've learned so much from you about writing, priorities, and self-discovery. Best of luck with your new query. I'm reading your revision today! I'm so excited!

Anonymous said...

You did the work. I just helped where I could! I'm always so impressed with the results when I help someone with a query because they (you) keep trying even when I say, "cut those two words." I mean, that sounds so picky, but it helps sometimes. You were fun to work with and good luck!

cheers,
Joelle
http://www.joelleanthony.com