Sunday, April 20, 2008

Why Write?

Why do I write? Because I have to. That's it, plain and simple. I wish my writing was brilliant, it's not. But it makes me happy. I love taking a blank computer screen and creating characters to tell their stories, my stories, but theirs as well. Once established in my mind, they have their own voices and aren't afraid to use them. Transferring those voices to the page is the tough part. I've jumped out of bed in the middle of the night to jot notes down in my notebook. I sit on the floor of my walk-in closet and write instead of walking downstairs to turn on the computer. If I could go without sleep, I would. But alas, I don't function very well without at least six hours. Ah well, I have a lifetime to write. I only hope that someday I'll get my stories published.

I thought the word rhapsody described how I envision my blog - an expression of feeling or enthusiasm, an irregular piece of prose, and a miscellaneous jumble.

No comments: