Tuesday, May 20, 2008

'Finnished'

Finished, done, complete, kaput - are words that used to sound so concrete to me. Then I started writing, and revising, and writing, revising, writing, revising, writing, revising...you get the picture. Now I know how relative the term 'finished' is. So I am relatively finished with The Devil's Key after my latest major re-write and a million minor revisions. But I am really happy with my manuscript now. It's 99,700 words and 394 pages long, and a tight, compelling read (in my very biased opinion). Smile. Still smiling. I'm going to enjoy this happy moment before I throw myself into the task of finding a literary agent. Once I do, he or she will probably want some revisions and when/if it gets picked up by a publisher, there will be more. Maybe when the book is being printed I can claim finished status? Nope, because then I'll be working on another manuscript. Hmmm...I supposed Finnished is what I'll be when I'm visiting with my friend in Helsinki.

2 comments:

Sirpa said...

Smiling - still smiling '')

Kim said...

Congratulations, Jen! This wonderful story will be snatched up in a heartbeat. I love it.