Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Full Mansucript Request

I planned to write so much this summer, but with the crazy schedule we've had over the past few months and all the kids home for summer break, it hasn't happened. I hadn't even finished the revisions I thought of during our move. So imagine my surprise when I returned from Nicole's wedding to find a message from an agent I queried back in May. Is the project still available? she asked. YES! I wanted to shout. Then she requested the full manuscript. After my little happy dance, I 'finished' (it's a relative term, remember?) my revisions at top speed and sent the manuscript to her. However, this time around, I'm not expecting anything. I love my story so well that I expected the first agent who read it to love it too. When she didn't, I was crushed. I don't know if I'm calloused now, or just professionally detached, because I'm not at all anxious or impatient. I know, pretty weird for me. If this new agent passes on it, I'll thank her and move on. I am pleased though. To me, it means my query letter worked. That's it. With a good query letter, I know I can move forward and keep querying until I find the right agent for this story. In the mean time, I have building permit documents to write, a manuscript to review, and a middle grade sci-fi/fantasy that is demanding attention. So between those things and getting four kids ready for school, I think I'll be pretty busy.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Holy cow Jen! Are you sure you aren't Super Woman or has Jeff finally turned you into a vampire? You constantly amaze me!