Monday, January 5, 2009

Pay it Forward

On the writing front, I've started writing Diary of an All-American Goth Girl, but not much is happening with DK. Adams Literary sent me a really nice rejection and I sent my revised manuscript to Elizabeth. But I also posted my first chapter on an online discussion board and it was picked apart. There weren't any major issues, but a lot of individual word choices and imagery that the other writers on the board didn't like. Some comments I agree with, others I don't, but I wish I had waited to send it off. Oh well. I just hope those little things don't turn Elizabeth off. But if they do, I guess I'll take care of them in my next revision before I send out my next batch of queries. Sigh. Have I mentioned how much I hate the query process? No? Well let me put it this way...I'd rather give birth to twins...without drugs. Once I find a good agent, then I can focus on the writing. Right now, I feel I'm split between selling my potential and realizing that potential and it's rather counterproductive.

Now off the subject for a little fun. I was catching up with some of my friends blogs over the holiday and found that Joelle was doing a fun 'pay it forward' game. I posted on her blog at http://www.joelleanthony.com/ and, woohoo, now I get to play too. And so can you - if you want to. Here are the rules:

The exchange focuses on doing an act of kindness without expecting anything in return other than that the recipient will pass the kindness along and pay it forward in their own way. This is how it works… I am going to send something fun, inspiring or uplifting to the first 3 blog owners who post a comment on this entry (please leave your email address if I don’t all ready have it.).

In turn, you will then post about this on your blog, link to me, then send something to the first three people who sign up to play along through your blog. There are no rules on what to send, but don’t go crazy! The little something you send can be something you made, bought, were given or found. No biggie, just a gift that will make the person smile. Maybe something unique from where you live? And remember that kindness doesn’t have to involve money; there are untold ways to help others every single day, everywhere you go - just look around.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ok, I'm game. It will be nice to do something unexpected in my current boredom of a routine/life (take your pick). I miss you TONS.