Sunday, November 23, 2008

Silence

I'm still slogging through this revision of Devil's Key. I want the draft I send back to Elizabeth to be as good as I can make it because if she doesn't like it, that's it. I won't have another chance to have her be my agent. I have yet to hear back from Samantha McFerrin about Princess Pots, nor have I heard from Adams Literary about Devil's Key. Those are the only two queries I have out right now and I've heard nothing but silence. I'm hoping it's a golden silence and not a deathly silence, but time will tell. I have learned that immediate responses are almost always rejections. Not that I'm counting days or anything (38 and 22, respectively), but I do hope to hear back before New Year's. Adams Literary's exclusive runs out the second week in December. But I have enough to keep me busy until then. My goal is to finish this revision of DK in the next three weeks and get it to Elizabeth before Christmas. Clock's ticking.

4 comments:

Leiana said...

Hey Jenn, this is your cousin Leiana. I saw your blog on Linnea's web page. I think it is interesting that you are a writer (go for it!) as I have been doing some writing as well. I have also done some editing and if you would like, I would be happy to read through some of your stuff. You can return the favor any time.

Rachel said...

Ok, you've been slacking! (yeah, like you aren't busy, I know.) But you haven't told me ANYTHING about Princess Pots! What's up? I know most everything about the other novel ideas you have but here you've sent out a manuscript and I've never heard of it? Geez, Jen. I know Phone calls are impossible but still. I miss you. This isn't fair. :(

Rachel said...

Good Luck with Elizabeth.

Kim said...

You've got some wonderful stories, Jen! Elizabeth will love the changes to Devil's Key, and Princess Pots is so sweet. I think it's right up Samantha's alley. Good luck with writing and with ALL you're doing!